Saturday, July 4, 2009

My Summer Playlist

In honor of 4th of July...I am making a list of songs that for either obvious or very personal reasons, always remind me of Summer when I hear them. Some choices are cheesy...I admit that openly, some will be surprising, and some are just right. Alas, behold the list:

I have gone ahead and compiled my ENTIRE Summer Playlist for you. It can be found here...

or

You can just look to see what's on it before you go actually listen to it. The list can be found below:

(these are in no particular order of importance by any means, but they do make one hell of a mixtape/playlist):

Strawberry Wine - Deana Carter
Nightswimming - R.E.M.
Here Comes the Sun - The Beatles
Long Haired Redneck - David Allan Coe
1979 - Smashing Pumpkins
I Will Survive - Gloria Gaynor
I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing - Aerosmith
Trust - Sixpence None the Richer
Sunshine of Your Love - Cream
Boys of Summer - Don Henley
Panties In Your Purse - Drive-by Truckers
Summer Time Blues - Eddie Cochran
Run Around - Blues Traveler
Stay (I Miss You) - Lisa Loeb & The Nine Stories
Freedom - Rage Against the Machine
Welcome to Paradise - Green Day
Far Behind - Candlebox
Born in the U.S.A. (the original acoustic version, not the synthesizer saturated radio version) - Bruce Springsteen & The E Street band
Grown - Jason Isbell
Black - Pearl Jam
Tim McGraw - Taylor Swift
Centerfield - John Fogerty
Summertime Rolls - Jane's Addiction
With A Little Help From My Friends - Joe Cocker

No comments: